GOLD RUSH BLOG
Gold Rush Coins & Jewelry Blog
SELLING SILVER IN SACRAMENTO
When selling silver you want to get the best possible price, therefore you should sell your silver when the price is high. Silver is a precious metal and takes many forms: jewelry, watches, coins, bullion, antiques, collectables, household items, serving sets, and awards. The precious metals market is volatile.
You will need to find a reputable silver broker in your area. If you are selling silver in Sacramento, California, then you could check online or in the local phone book. Checking with the local Better Business Bureau is also a good idea. Buying and selling precious metals is trendy and lucrative, so take precautions.
Things to know before you sell:
1. Get an appraisal. Appraisals are often recommended if the item has significant value.
2. Learn the purity of the silver. It is usually stamped.
3. Separate the different purities of silver.
4. Use a scale to determine the weight.
5. Know the current price of silver.
6. Find out if the broker offers any guarantee.
7. If you have some items that may contain silver there is a well-known “magnet test” that might help. If an item does stick to a magnet, then it does not contain a large amount of precious metals. There is no type of precious metal that is magnetic.
8. Have a government issued photo ID. Most purchasers of precious metal will not pay you for your items without a valid photo ID.
9. In most cases, you cannot get an item back after it is sold. Don’t sell anything that you would like to have returned to you in the future.